Revelation 12:11 (New King James Version)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
We overcome the enemy and his accusations by the blood of the lamb, the power of our testimony and not giving up!
- The blood of Jesus says to the enemy that he has no right to take from us or accuse us because there has already been a death! Jesus already paid the price so the enemy cannot collect from us or accuse us!
- Our testimony is powerful! Our testimony declares God’s truth to the enemy and everyone else. It says God has brought a change. Change is possible! Our testimony declares truth, hope and freedom for others! This is why the enemy hates the testimony and tries to stop it!
- Refuse to give up! Many people get discouraged and give up Right before their breakthrough! Many will give up praying, coming to fellowship or worse turn away from the Lord. The key is not to view this life more important than the next life. We must remember that this earth is temporal. When we begin to change our focus to the Kingdom of God and we stand our ground knowing He has already won, He will bring about the changes we are praying for! When we take care of His business, He will take care of ours! Keep praying! Keep praising! Keep reading God’s word! Keep coming to corporate fellowship! (Church)
This verse says the enemy was overcome! The Lord has defeated him. But we give the enemy ground with our sin, our choices and our inconsistency. (We give up ground, territory to him)) When we already know what we are to do and we don’t do it, it is sin and the enemy has our permission to harass us and steal from us!
James 4:17 (Amplified Bible)
So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin.
What are you not doing that you already know you should be doing? We think of sin as bad things that we do. But what has God asked us to do that we are not doing? What has God already said to you about the way you treat your spouse? Your children? What commitments and promises have you made others that you are not following through with? Has God told you to give your offering and to tithe but you are refusing? Has God told you to quit using foul language? What about the things we watch or listen to? Do we entertain gossip? God’s love is patient and long suffering, but many of the problems we are having are due to our refusal to do what He has already told us to do. We tend to blame God when we are in disobedience. We refuse obedience and the enemy is messing with us and we are wondering why God is not doing anything? It’s really me that is not doing what God has already asked me to do? God will never contradict His word.
Lately I have been asking the Lord to show me the things that I have not been doing that He has already told me to do. His word will give us the answers to the things He requires from us. All the things He requires of us are rooted in love, His for us, and ours for Him. It’s all for His Glory and our benefit!
Micah 6:8 (New King James Version)
He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?
My part is:
- To identify the sin or the refusal to comply with God.
- To confess and repent to the Lord.
- Begin to do what He has already told me to do, don’t put it off begin to act on what He has said.
- I am now under the protection and the provision of the Lord in this area of my life! Now I wait, watch and work. Ps. 91
- If my marriage is in trouble, I do what God has ALREADY told ME to do, get the counseling, go to a marriage small group, and do what the counselor has told me to do THAN God begins to work in me and my marriage.
- If my finances are in trouble, I seek out help with my spending and my budgeting, I give and tithe like God has ALREADY told me to do, THAN God blesses the fruit of my labor! Malachi 3:8-11
- Having a hard time connecting with the people in the church? Get involved in a small group, or start reaching out to others inviting them to your home, become proactive, THEN God will bring about the healthy connections with others you are looking for.
It’s easy to blame others for the things we are to take responsibility for. This is the very thing Adam and Eve did and they taught their son Cain to do the same! Gen 2:12-13, 4:1-15
The poverty or victim mentality (need vs. my responsibility) becomes generational! We must stop it, break it now so that it does not spread to our kids. Sometimes we have expectations of others that are wrong. We expect them to give to us… what are we giving? My need should never overshadow my responsibility. God will offend the mind to reveal what’s hidden in the heart!
Love in Him,