Our Won By One family is thrilled to be sending a team to love on Puerto Rico this year! Puerto Rico is a nation that is still devastated after Hurricane Maria in 2016. Our team will get to share the Father’s love in some practical ways, including both a work project and relational ministry. We are excited to be partnering with Praying Pelican Missions as we travel and serve.
We are praying for a team of 10-18 individuals to represent WBO and the Father’s love in Puerto Rico July 20-27, 2019. If you are interested in joining the team, here are a few things you should know:
- Dates: July 20-27, 2019
- Cost: $1,200 per person (includes airfare, room, and board)
- Deposit: $193 due January 29
- Balance: Due June 20 (non-refundable, but transferable)
- Team Meetings: Informational meeting on January 20; beginning in February team meetings will be on the fourth Sunday of every month up until departure (attendance required; cannot miss more than two meetings)
- Support Raising: We will provide a sample support letter you can send to your family and friends in order to help raise your funds
- Fundraisers: March 17 (bake sale) and May 19 (TBA)
- Registration: If you are interested, please pick up a registration packet from Ken or Bridget. It will include an application, sample support letter, missions trip checklist, and a list of important dates & deadlines.
As a church family, we want to support the Puerto Rico 2019 team in a variety of ways. This team will be representing both WBO and the Father’s heart in Puerto Rico, and we will all have the opportunity to participate. Here are some ways you can get involved:
Prayer & Intercession: We need prayer team members who will be committed to praying for the team and their ministry before, during, and after their trip.
Financial Support: We need financial team members who can donate towards the team’s expenses. Click here to donate online (and be sure to make a note that it’s for Puerto Rico 2019).
Other: We need bakers who will donate delicious baked goods to our Bake Sale fundraiser on March 17. We also need customers who will buy those delicious baked goods and support the team!