Our Won By One family is thrilled to be sending a team to love on Puerto Rico this year! Puerto Rico is a nation that is still devastated after Hurricane Maria in 2017. Our team will get to share the Father’s love in some practical ways, including both a work project and relational ministry. We are excited to be partnering with Praying Pelican Missions as we travel and serve.
We are no longer accepting team member applications for this mission. If you are part of our amazing team here are a few things you should remember:
- Dates: July 20-27, 2019 ( we may need to leave the evening of the 19th depending on flight schedule)
- Cost: $1,200 per person (includes airfare, room, and board)
- Deposit: $193.50 due January 29
- Balance: Due June 20 (non-refundable, but transferable)
- Team Meetings: Informational meeting on January 20; beginning in February team meetings will be on the fourth Sunday of every month up until departure (attendance required; cannot miss more than two meetings)
- Support Raising: We will provide a sample support letter you can send to your family and friends in order to help raise your funds
- Fundraisers: March 17 (bake sale) and May 19 (TBA)
- Registration: Our team is at capacity at this time but we will have a short wait list in case someone is unable to go, Please contact Ken for more information.
As a church family, we want to support the Puerto Rico 2019 team in a variety of ways. This team will be representing both WBO and the Father’s heart in Puerto Rico, and we will all have the opportunity to participate. Here are some ways you can get involved:
Prayer & Intercession: We need prayer team members who will be committed to praying for the team and their ministry before, during, and after their trip.
Financial Support: We need financial team members who can donate towards the team’s expenses. Click here to donate online (and be sure to make a note that it’s for Puerto Rico 2019).
Bottles & Cans : We will be collecting bottles and cans to go towards mission cost. Please contact Ken or Sharina for further instructions and bags.
Other: We need bakers who will donate delicious baked goods to our Bake Sale fundraiser on March 17. We also need customers who will buy those delicious baked goods and support the team!