God’s promises are always true.
You need to know:
- who you are
- where you came from
- what you believe
- what should you do
- where you’re headed
- Disciples actively seek out and learn all of Jesus’ commands, and they teach others to do the same because they love Him.
- Disciples have to be fully set aside and holy unto Him, and yet fully reachable and accessible to the world.
- Disciples know the truth and they live by every word of God.
- Disciples have a deep understanding of who they are in Christ.
- Disciples pray, fast, and give to the needy as their everyday way of life.
- Disciples believe in the promises, dreams, and words of God.
- Matthew 28:18-20 (great commission)
- 1 John 2:6
- Mark 8:34
- Luke 14:25-35 (pick up your cross)
- Romans 10:8-10
- Romans 12:1-2
- 1 Peter 1:13-16 (be holy)
- Leviticus 20:7 (be holy)
- Mark 1:9-11 (Jesus is baptized)
- John 10:10
- John 8:44
- John 8:31-36 (the truth shall make you free)
- John 10:1-30 (the sheep know His voice)
- John 1:12-13
- Galatians 3:26
- Romans 8:14
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 (bought with a price)
- 1 Corinthians 7:23 (bought with a price)
- Jesus Prays and Fasts
- Matthew 6:5-7 (when you pray)
- Matthew 6:16 (when you fast)
- Matthew 6:2 (when you give to the needy)
- Luke 19:10 (seek and save the lost)
- Matthew 20:28 (came to serve)
- Hebrews 12:1-2 (joy set before Him)
- Exodus 13:19 (bones of Joseph)
Sermon: Always by Peter Griffith on July 8, 2018 at Won by One Church in Oregon City, OR.