God has many plans for us, but only one purpose.
7 Marks of Immature Behavior in a Believer
- Greed instead of gratitude.
- Easy instead of excellent.
- Convenient instead of committed.
- Cause instead of community.
- Desire instead of destiny.
- Feelings instead of faithfulness.
- Receiving instead of giving.
Draw Near to God
Step out of Immaturity into Maturity
- Repent – agree with God; don’t argue, ignore, excuse, or justify your sin.
- Renew – how you think and what you think.
- Remember – God has a plan and you’re in His purpose.
- Remain – don’t give up, don’t move, don’t stop, don’t complain.
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Genesis 25:29-34 (Esau Sells His Birthright)
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Joshua 10:1-15 (The Sun Stands Still)
- Deuteronomy 31:8
- James 4
- Romans 6
Sermon: God’s Plan and Purpose for Me by Jack Shumate on January 6, 2019 at Won by One Church in Oregon City, OR.