Marriage is you actually being pruned and matured so you can walk in destiny and identity together as one.
Facing an Age-Old Problem
- Chauvinism: Men are stronger than women—therefore, men are better than women.
- Feminism: Women are no different than men—therefore, men and women are equal.
- Hidden-presupposition: All differences are differences in equality.
Moving Towards Health
- Codependent: Enabling each other to stay stuck in your growth journey.
- Independent: Living separate lives within your marriage. No reliance on each other for anything.
- Inter-dependent: The healthy balance. Each person owning their own stuff and speaking the truth in love.
Tools for Moving Forward
- Get help.
- Get connected in healthy community.
- Work on yourself.
- Practice forgiveness.
- Realize that trust is built in the small things.
- Prepare for the triggering moments.
- When triggered, stay vulnerable. Anger is a cover for fear. Maintain compassion for each other.
Book: Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud (Amazon)
- 1 John 4:18
- John 4:1-42 (The Woman at the Well)
- Genesis 2 (The Garden of Eden)
- Genesis 3 (The Temptation and Fall of Man)
- Ephesians 5:22-33 (Marriage)
- 1 Peter 3:1-7
- Galatians 6:9
- Psalm 139
- Genesis 1:27
- Proverbs 15:1
- John 13:35
Sermon: Restoring Biblical Masculinity and Femininity by Abe & Erin Underwood on November 4, 2018 at Won by One Church in Oregon City, OR.