Stewarding Grace: Increasing Your Metron to Contain Your God-Given Dreams
Grace: unmerited favor, joy, pleasure, delight.
How does grace empower us to reign?
It is favor from God that allows to do what we could not do alone.
What does it mean to reign in life?
Greek definition: metaphorically exercises the highest influence, to control.
Authority: the right to rule.
Four steps to receiving grace:
- Consider yourself dead to sin, (Romans 6:11a)
- and alive to God in Christ Jesus, (Romans 6:11b)
- and present the members of your body as members of righteousness. (Romans 6:13)
- Humble yourself (stay humble). (1 Peter 5:5)
Stewardship: the conducting, supervising, or managing of something; especially: the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one’s care.
- Understand and define what and who God has placed in your metron/sphere.
- Assign biblical priority and value to the things in your metron/sphere.
- Recognize that all of life is spiritual and acknowledge Him in all your ways.
- Dream with God to provide direction and motivation, but remember: faithfulness in your baseline areas is what allows you to expand your metron to contain your dreams.
- Ask Father what the next risk is that He is wanting you to take towards your dream.
Please find a buddy to complete the assignments with as that accountability and camaraderie will help you on this journey.
- Start by filling out the first PDF over the next few days while you spend time in the secret place.
Download link: Stewarding Grace Assignment: Part 1.
- This is actually the toughest part. It is a log sheet to track where you spend all of your time. I really encourage you to do this part over a two-week period. Print off 14 of these and do your best to fill one out every day. Once you’ve completed this, don’t look at where you’ve spent your time with a sense of shame. Instead, choose to have a sense of gratitude for your new level of awareness and ask Father where to start making adjustments.
Download link: Stewarding Grace Assignment: Part 2.
- Now, use the data from Part 1 and Part 2 to complete Part 3. After completing this process you should have a much better game plan that you’ve co-created with the Father to enable you to steward the gifts Father had entrusted in you and to start moving towards your destiny!
Download link: Stewarding Grace Assignment: Part 3.
- Matthew 7:24-29
- John 16:33
- Romans 10:17
- 1 Peter 4:10
- Romans 5:17
- Romans 6:11-14
- 1 Peter 5:5
- Matthew 25:14-30
- 2 Corinthians 10:13-16
- John 12:24
Sermon: Stewarding Grace by Abe Underwood on October 29, 2017 at Won by One Church in Oregon City, OR.